|January 30th, 2013 (11)|
|HBO Girls Season 2 Episode 1 Guys’ Commentary|
|Posted by Khiem in: Articles|
OK I’m late! Not only am I late on my weekly podcast, but I’m late on reviewing HBO Girls too!
Well, that sucks for you! But no really, I’m sorry. I promise I’ll post a second podcast this week to make it up to you guys.
We start the season with Hannah and Elijah being totally comfortable sharing a bed together as new roommates. We then quickly discover that Hannah is now dating a black guy and at the same time… still seeing Adam, more out of guilt than anything else.
We then feel bad for Marnie for losing her job but then withness time and time again how conservative and how confused Marnie really is about herself… and her life. We then end the premiere with watching all our characters come together for a party at Hannah’s house.
As you can expect from HBO Girls by now, there’s more nudity, more drama and more twist and turns than Twister (the board game) itself!
And THIS is why it is so fun to watch Girls.
(Who in here didn’t enjoy watching Elijah’s ass – even if you are a straight guy – but wish we could have seen more of Marnie’s boobs?)
In this podcast, I have the privilege of welcoming Thuy to her first live show with me and Evan. So please, give her a hand of applause!
Today, we’ll discuss:
- Why being in a committed relationship does not necessarily mean your main role is to take care of your partner
- How to avoid getting hurt by the person you thought most important in your life by sharing yourself with everyone
- Why women should not feel too self-conscious about their body when naked in front of a man
- Exercises you can do to overcome your body issues
- Why good relationships can be compared to dog training
- How Ray is (in my humble opinion) the best character from HBO Girls to model for dating behavior so far
- How and when to call a woman a “bitch”
- How you can disarm a woman’s reservations about you by framing her as the temptress