|Where The Magic Happens – HBO Girls Ep 3 Guys’ Commentary (Podcast)|
|Posted by Khiem in: Advice, Podcast, Product Reviews|
I’m catching up on my HBO Girls schedule. I’ve watched all the episodes so far this season; I just haven’t had the time to make a podcast for each yet!
So far, season 2 of HBO Girls feels like a total roller coaster to me. Every episode brings such sweeping surprises that I don’t know what to expect anymore. If Lena Dunham was trying to get us constantly wondering about what’s going to happen next, well… she’s succeeding.
The first scene sets the tone for this episode: when’s the last time you did something for the first time?
If you can’t remember, it’s time to get yourself out of your comfort zone.
And this is usually the very reason why some are better than others at life, not even just dating. If you aren’t pushing yourself out of your comfort zone, you aren’t growing. If you aren’t allowing yourself to be open to new experiences, you becoming boring. And if there’s nothing exciting for you to share, then why would anyone want to date you?
I went out last night with Evan and a couple other friends. We tried a brand new restaurant. The food was great, the crackling of the fire in the patio turned the mood into a warm cozy vibe… and I believe it was our ability to smile, be open to new people that allowed us to meet two great girls! Hopefully, we will get to enjoy their company again soon.
One of my clients, who still happens to be a virgin, was texting me last night too! He has finally gotten himself to go out and enjoy life in the last few months with no prejudice and with no restraints. And what I was most happy about was to hear how he has been making out with her heavily for the past few days. He was so excited!
But none of that would have happened if he didn’t push himself out of his comfort zone.
In this podcast, Evan and I share with you:
- What “Be Yourself” really means and why it is still good advice for most people
- How getting out of your comfort zone is a must for you to grow into a more attractive person
- How you can become a better storyteller by having excitement in your voice because you’ve been trying something new
- Why being well-rounded is attractive
- How nice guys should not be afraid of breaking rapport with a woman
- Why Jonathan Booth’s handling of Marnie’s initial resistance to his charm was irresistibly seductive
- Why you need to try starfish sex tonight and report back
- Why you need to stop judging people on the amount of sexual partners they’ve had